Tennis Links
Contact
About / Disclaimer
  Deutsche Version
  Nederlandse versie

Holabird Sports
Old 2011-11-15, 02:08   #1
horangi

Default One piece or two piece? Which, when, how?

Greetings all!

I'm a newbie and I've strung a few racquets following patterns I've found online. I have an old Donnay WST Cobalt Pro that I want to string and the pattern is a 1 stringer.

My question is whether it's possible for me to string this racquet with 2 strings. Patterns for racquets I've found online just give you a one string or two string without alternate patterns. Do you have to follow the 1 string or 2 string pattern or can you 'create' your own pattern, e.g. do I have to string my Cobalt with 1 string? How do I figure out how to string this racquet with 2 strings?

Any advice, hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. I only have 4 racquets and will be stringing my own racquets over and over again. Is there any exhaustive online source for patterns? I don't want to pay a monthly fee for racquettech....

Last edited by horangi; 2011-11-15 at 02:11.
horangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 20:55   #2
Jens
String Freak
Administrator

Hi horangi,
you can string any racquet with two pieces. Tie off both ends of the mains, then start with the crosses on the top of the frame. Normally you have enough wide holes to carry two strings for the tie-offs. If not, you need to carefully widen a hole.
For patterns, you will find some links on the following page: http://www.stringforum.net/patterns.php
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 17:34   #3
horangi

Have to reask... 2 questions...

1. Still having problems. I'm a newbie and have only strung 2 racquets so far. If I start with 2 pieces, how do I know which holes to skip and where to tie off?

The only info I could get was from kipper's site and they give this for one string pattern:
COBALT PRO OS/SM 60 - 70 35' - 9'S 16M X 19C 8T - 8B 6B 8B 5T

2. Is this the same racquet as wst cobalt pro? No idea. An old racquet that I still want to play with.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
Hi horangi,
you can string any racquet with two pieces. Tie off both ends of the mains, then start with the crosses on the top of the frame. Normally you have enough wide holes to carry two strings for the tie-offs. If not, you need to carefully widen a hole.
For patterns, you will find some links on the following page: http://www.stringforum.net/patterns.php
horangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:26   #4
carolina 80

Maybe this is why my 2 piece stringing feels a little loose, when i tied off my mains, i began in the middle of the racquet for the crosses, Jens you say start at the top,I'll have to try it that way.
carolina 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 03:35   #5
GLM_PHILLY
USRSA CS

If you used a two piece 50/50 then you do start in the middle, alternating top and bottom then tie off. I increase the first pair of cross strings by 1 kilo (2lbs ) so that they are a little tighter. I string a lot of O_port Prince frames and find no problem obtaining consistent string bed stiffness.
GLM_PHILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 07:06   #6
ancrot13

Quote:
Originally Posted by horangi View Post
Greetings all!

I'm a newbie and I've strung a few racquets following patterns I've found online. I have an old Donnay WST Cobalt Pro that I want to string and the pattern is a 1 stringer.

My question is whether it's possible for me to string this racquet with 2 strings. Patterns for racquets I've found online just give you a one string or two string without alternate patterns. Do you have to follow the 1 string or 2 string pattern or can you 'create' your own pattern, e.g. do I have to string my Cobalt with 1 string? How do I figure out how to string this racquet with 2 strings?

Any advice, hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. I only have 4 racquets and will be stringing my own racquets over and over again. Is there any exhaustive online source for patterns? I don't want to pay a monthly fee for racquettech....
Hey Horangi,

If you ever have trouble learning how to string a 50/50 pattern aka 2 piece, then look up yulitle on youtube. He has videos on how to string a 50/50 string job and gives some good tips
http://www.youtube.com/user/YULitle

hope this helps!
ancrot13 is offline   Reply With Quote